- 15 hours ago
petition for the next companion to not be a white girl in her 20s who crushes on the Doctor
petition for the next companion to be a grumpy chinese-american grandma who complains about plot-holes and knits the doctor horrific time-travel-themed sweaters to wear when she thinks it’s cold out (most of the time)
reblogging because this is the best idea ever
(via misslissalindsey)Source: benedictedcumberbabeof221
- 1 day ago
why aren’t these being reblogged more often?
i rather see these than “keys in hand”
Umm so since I’m stupid could someone kindly explain each step for me like step 3 am i head butting him in the face or the chest?
I think it depends on the height of the person, but I suppose the head is a more effective target. I hope this helps :)
Step 1: Step back the moment he reaches for you.
Step 2: Duck!
Step 3: Head butt him in the chin. It’s very important that it is the chin and not the chest because it is much more uncomfortable and disorienting to have your teeth bang together especially if it cuts his tongue (which it will if it is in the way). More than likely height won’t matter. He will be leaning forward from the missed attempt at grabbing you.
Step 4: Knee him in the balls.
Step 5: When he doubles over, jab him on his back. I believe at the base of the neck just above the shoulder blades would be best. I’m not an expert, but this seems like the best place, imo.
Step 6: Don’t lose contact. Bring your other hand over and slam your hands against the sides of his heads as hard as possible. Right on the ears is the best place; it is extremely disorienting if done correctly. Then take his head and bring it down on your knee as you bring your knee up. It’s very important that you avoid the nose because if you knee his nose it will definitely break and more than likely the bones will stab his brain killing him, so aim for his mouth instead.
Step 7: Keep your knee up and bring your foot out to kick him over. Personally, I don’t like the image because it looks like she kicked him with her toes. You do not want to do that. Instead kick him with the ball or heel of your foot and put power behind it with a push.
Step 8: He is on the ground. You could probably stop here and he would get the picture, but if you really want to…Your leg is still in the air from the kick. With all your force slam the edge of your your heel on his side. It will be more effective if you lower your body first by bending at the knee of the leg your weight is on. Done right, you can break a rib or two.
reblogging again for that^
Reblogging for the steps in the image and the explanation in the comments. I don’t so much like the explanation on the image proper, but I appreciate the thought behind it (here, have a self-defense thing, it could save you) and so I’m passing it on.
(via the-phantom-parasol)Source: think4yaself
- 2 days ago
i feel it in my bones, i’m on F I R E
hit the reblog so fast i think i broke my mouse
holY F U cKKKKkKKKkkkkkKKKKK
hoLY MOTHER OF JESUSSSSSSSSSSS
THIS IS LIKE THE HOLY GRAIL OF MASH UP BONERS
(via themetaisawesome)Source: exuberant-imperfection
- 4 days ago
- 4 days ago
This is because Fahrenheit is based on a brine scale and the human body. The scale is basically how cold does it have to be to freeze saltwater (zero Fahrenheit) to what temperature is the human body (100-ish Fahrenheit, although now we know that’s not exactly accurate). Fahrenheit was designed around humans.
Celsius and Kelvin are designed around the natural world.
Celsius is a scale based on water. Zero is when water freezes, 100 is when water boils.
Kelvin uses the same scale as Celsius (one degree, as a unit, is the same between the two), but defines zero as absolute zero, which is basically the temperature at which atoms literally stop doing that spinning thing. Nothing can exist below zero Kelvin. It’s the bottom of the scale.
Fahrenheit: what temperatures affect humans
Celsius: what temperatures affect water
Kelvin: what temperatures affect atoms
Why didn’t my science teachers ever see fit to toss off this little fact?
- 4 days ago
- 5 days ago
i want a word for the almost-home.
that point where the highway’s monotony becomes familiar
that subway stop whose name will always wake you from day’s-end dozing
that first glimpse of the skyline
that you never loved until you left it behind.
what do you call the exit sign you see even in your dreams?
is there a name for the airport terminal you come back to,
i need a word for rounding your corner onto your street,
for seeing your city on the horizon,
for flying homewards down your highway.
give me a word for the boundary
between the world you went to see
and the small one you call your own.
i want a word for the moment you know
you’re almost home.
- 5 days ago
- 5 days ago
I don’t know about you guys but I am psyched to get an education, woo. This year is a hella important year for me because if I don’t finish this school year with five As then I am a dead man walking, you get me? So this started off as a collection to help me get those fabulous As but I thought, what the hell? I’ll share this perfection with everyone else because sharing is caring. Anyways, down to the nitty gritty
001. CALEDONIA’S DECLASSIFIED SCHOOL SURVIVAL GUIDE
- advice for college
- how to survive in college
- how to survive freshmen year of high school
- college packing list
- alternative to buying expensive textbooks
- dorm room survival
- free online college courses
002. WRITE LIKE A FUCKING ANGEL
- the ultimate guide to writing
- how to write good
- how to write an essay
- how to write a good essay
- the five paragraph essay
- deadly sins checklist
- formatting your paper
- tips on getting started
- seven tips to become a better writer (stephen king)
- four ways to have confidence in your writing
- seven ways to speed up your writing
- five ways to add sparkle to your writing
- how to finish what you started: a five step plan for writers
- thirty-one ways to find inspiration for your writing
- tips for dealing with writer’s block
003. READING ISN’T ONLY FOR NERDS AND FANGIRLS
- how to take care of your books
- how to read shakespeare
- no fear shakespeare (i found this incredibly useful when studying macbeth!)
- one hundred most read books
- how to read difficult books
- how to read faster
- books made into movies
- books made into tv shows
- 350+ free ebooks
004. STUDY MOTHER FUCKER
- studying tips
- studying techniques
- how to pull an all-night and still have a successful exam result
- how to get motivated to study
- tips to help you concentrate
- time management tips
- chrome site blocker
005. LEARNING SHIT
- solve any maths equations: 1, 2.
- when your teacher says not to use wikipedia (an alternative)
- square root calculator, cube root calculator
- for when you can’t do your homework
- chemical equation balancer (what got me through chemistry last year)
- cliffnotes, sparknotes
- college courses
- how to: multiply big numbers
- crash courses (youtube)
- teaches you everything
006. PRESENTING YOUR BEAUTIFUL SCHOOL WORK AY
007. USEFUL WEBSITES BECAUSE THE INTERNET IS A WONDERFUL PLACE /SOMETIMES/
- TED (basically gods gift)
- challenge your brain
- feed the hungry and up your vocabulary game
- free online textbooks
- final grade calculator
- a whole page dedicated to studying and organising
008. MUSIC TO CALM DOWN UR SCHOOL DAY BLUES YO
- a really chill playist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- calm nature sounds
- concentration/focus playlist
- relaxation is key
- four hours of classical music
- playlists to listen to: xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx.
009. ALL THIS STUDYING??? YOU NEED A BREAK, MY FRIEND.
- watch a cute ass dog lick your screen
- one hundred thousand stars
- movies masterpost
- foreign movies
- gay movies
- lesbian movies you should definitely watch
- broadway musicals
- LGBT+ books
- download free books
- read any book
- the best masterpost ever if you’re bored
010. TIPS FOR SCHOOL N STUFF BCUS I WANTED TEN BITS
- try your best. not everyone can get all As, and getting all As does not make you better than everyone else. just do the best you can and be the best person you can be.
- don’t sleep in class! i know it seems so so tempting but slept my way through geography last year and i got a C in my exam instead of the expected A so…
- Don’t tick off your teacher, follow the rules to an extent, get to class on time, respect your classmates and teachers. you know, just be a decent person.
- be positive!!! and not just for the first week or so, keep the positivity going throughout the whole school year. if you don’t believe in yourself then why should anyone else?
- "you can do it, wildcat, i believe in u" — something troy bolton said one time probably definitely
(via whynotdoit-withsomestyle)Source: caledoniarps